Join the Charleston Merchants Association for their Customer Appreciation Day on May 11th. The theme is The Islands of Charleston. There will be Free leis and refreshments and a dedication of crosswalks and islands. And there will be a parade starting at 1:00 PM. For more information about the Customer Appreciation Day or to be a participant in the parade visit the Charleston Visitors Center or call 541-888-4875.
Schedule for May 11th:
* 12:30 – Parade Line up at Charleston Church parking lot
-Charleston Dance instructions
* 1:00 – Parade “Funky Fishy Flim-Flam Parade”
* 1:15- Dedication of Islands and Crosswalk, Free leis, and refreshments, Merchant coupons, prizes
* 1:30- Ukuleles at Oyster Cove Square
* 2:30 – Sing Alongs with the Charleston Sweetie Pies and Charleston Dance Contest
10:00am – 5:00pm – Marine Life Center
Be sure to check out merchants for specials and to pick up your free pass to the Charleston Marine Life Center.
Join the Charleston Merchants Association for their 35th Annual Charleston Crab Feed at the North Bend Community Center.
The Charleston Merchants Association and local merchants would like to invite you to the Charleston Customer Appreciation Day on May 19th. Local Merchants have a variety of discounts to offer you, the customers.
– Bayside Coffee: Triple punches for drinks & Free Shopping Bag with $10 purchase of other than drinks
– Sea Basket Restaurant: 10% off lunch and dinner
– Englund Marine Supply: Free Boat Safety Inspection; 9 am to 1 pm
– Betty Kay Charters: 10% off Ocean Rock Fish Trips Monday through Thursday all month of May
– Sunset Bay Golf: $5 Green Fee All Day May 19th
– Kinnee’s Gifts & Shells: 10% off of everything in store May 19th
– Jack’s Crab Shack: $1 off everything if you mention this promotion
– Portside Restaurant: Happy Hour Specials
– Fishermen’s Wharf: $5 Delicious Tuna Salad Bowl Saturday May 19th
– Wild Women of Charleston Wine & Gift Shop: 10% off selected items
– Davey Jones Locker: Lots of Taffy
– Miller’s at the Cove – Extended Happy Hour May 19th 3 pm to 7 pm
– Thrifty Sisters – $1 kids clothing deals and 15% off cards and jewelry
– Charleston Marine Life Center – get $1 off the adult admission rate – and as always, kids are free.
Don’t miss the opportunity to taste fresh ocean caught dungeness crab caught by our local Charleston crabbers!
This event is the fund raiser for the Charleston Merchants Association and the proceeds help operate our volunteer visitor center just over the bridge in Charleston. A major sponsor this year is the Mill Casino & resort. Other important sponsors are the Charleston Marina Complex, Charleston
Merchants Association, North Bend Lanes, 7 Devils Brewery, Chuck’s Seafood, Betty Kay Charters, Bayside Coffee, Millers Sports Bar & Grill, and Englund Marine Supply. Come early and stay at the many fine hotels in Coos Bay, North Bend, Charleston and enjoy shops, beaches, hiking, but especially
eating the delicious Oregon Dungeness Crab at the Charleston Crab Feed!
The Charleston Crab Feed has moved to a bigger location. Join them at the North Bend Community Center on February 10th from 11:00 to 3:00.
Enjoy delicious locally harvested oysters at the 12th Annual Ahh Shucks Oyster Feed in Charleston! At the Oregon Institute of Marine Biology, 63466 Boat Basin Dr. Featuring Live Music, Oregon Wines, Desserts and options like Beef Hot Dogs and Shrimp Cocktails! Saturday April 29, 2017 from Noon to 4:00pm.
‘Crack Up’ fresh Oregon Dungeness Crab Charleston at the NORTH BEND COMMUNITY CENTER on Feb. 11. The Charleston village is Bringing Oregon’s Fresh Dungeness Crab Harvest To You at the 33rd Annual Charleston Merchants Crab Feed on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017. Easy location, great parking…same ole gang serving!
This event will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the North Bend Community Center, 2222 Broadway Ave. in North Bend. This is the main fundraiser for the Charleston Visitors Center, but also provides assistance to other needs in the Charleston community.
Volunteers will serve whole or half fresh crab dinners with side dishes, rolls, and a beverage. Prices for meals are $20 for whole and $16 for a half. There will be crab bibs, vendor coupons and prize drawings during the festival. Pies and cakes available for sale by the Ladies Garden Club for $1. This year, the Wild Women of Charleston will be pouring fine wines and local Seven Devils Blonde ale available at a an additional cost.
Trail and Treat 5k and Kid’s Dash Followed by Lunch & Music on the Lawn!
Saturday, October 15th
South Slough Reserve Interpretive Center
61907 Seven Devils Road
4 miles south of Charleston
Run or walk where the river meets the sea, along vast tidal flats, extensive marshes and meandering channels. Technical trails, boardwalks, hills (300” change in elevation). Kids Dash starts at 9:30 am and is free. Estuary-themed costumes are encouraged for ages 1-12. 5K run/walk begins at 9:45 am; day of event registration is from 8-9:15 am. Cost is $15.00 and ($5 for SCRC members and students ages 13-17). To register in advance go to the South Coast Running club website: https://runsignup.com/Race/OR/CoosBay/SouthSloughTrailTreatRun.
Join us for music and lunch on the lawn sponsored by the Friends of South Slough Reserve, Inc. (FOSS). Whether you are joining for the first time, renewing your current membership, or simply interested in what FOSS is all about, please join us!
Lunch and music will be from 11:30-1:30. We are pleased to present T-Bird and the Nightshift for your musical entertainment. Please bring a blanket and/or lawn chairs to sit on. FOSS board members will be on hand to answer questions and there will be new inventory in the gift shop, including a new T-shirt design! Please call 541.888.5558 ext. 121to RSVP.